Firefighters entered burning construction to seek out six-month-old Carrickmines halting web site fireplace sufferer in room ‘unsupportive of life’, inquest hears

FIREFIGHTERS entered a burning structure on a rescue mission to rescue Baby Mary Connors.

The six-month-old child was found in a room in what firefighters described as “non-life support”.

    The fire at the bus stop killed 10

4th

The fire at the bus stop killed 10Photo credit: Tom Honan Photogrpahy

The first firefighters, paramedics and gardai to arrive at the site of the devastating fire testified on day three of an investigation into ten deaths at a breakpoint on Glenamuck Road in Carrickmines, Dublin 18.

Dublin Fire Department firefighter Ray Martin and his colleagues answered a call at 4:20 am. He was moving the hose to the fire when a man in his thirties started helping him.

Mr. Martin said, “He said, ‘You have to help them, please help them’.”

One mobile home was on fire and a second mobile home went up in flames when it was alerted that there was a baby in it.

Mr. Martin said, “It was more of a rescue than a fire extinguisher.”

    six month old Mary Connors

4th

six month old Mary ConnorsCredit: Not clearly known with Picture Desk, check with Picture Desk

The investigation revealed indications that a hydrant was used as a water supply between 50 and 70 m away. There was a closer one, but Mr. Martin did not know why this was not used.

Upon arrival, the crew had stored 8,000 liters of water on two fire extinguishers. This corresponded to between eight and ten minutes of available water, Martin said.

He said, “The radiant heat was extremely intense.

“There was flames up and down the door. We attacked the fire at the door, pushing the flames back. A woman came and she said, ‘She’s in there (the baby), she’s on the bed’.

    Thomas Connors and his wife Sylvia also died in the flame

4th

Thomas Connors and his wife Sylvia also died in the flameCredit: Not clearly known with Picture Desk, check with Picture Desk

“There was a lot of thick smoke and heat, but I couldn’t see any flames. I went straight to the bed, I saw the baby lying on the bed and turning the covers next to him. I took the baby off the bed and rocked and brought her to.” Door. “

Baby Mary was taken to an ambulance where paramedics were treating her brother Tom, 4, who had been pulled from the fire by his 14-year-old uncle, John Keith Connors.

Baby Mary showed no signs of life, she wasn’t breathing, there was soot around her mouth and nose. The exam had burn marks on her face and arms.

She was taken to Tallaght Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 5:31 a.m. The child was officially identified that morning by her uncle and godfather Dan Connors.

    William Lynch, his wife Tara Lynch and their two daughters Jodie Lynch (older girl) and Kelsey Lynch died in the fire

4th

William Lynch, his wife Tara Lynch and their two daughters Jodie Lynch (older girl) and Kelsey Lynch died in the fireCredit: Not clearly known with Picture Desk, check with Picture Desk

Thomas Connors (27), his wife Sylvia (30) and their children Jim (five), Christy (three) and six month old Mary died in the flame.

Willie Lynch, 25, his partner Tara Gilbert, 27, who was pregnant, their daughters Jodie, nine years old, and Kelsey, four years old, visited the Connors family and they also died. The tenth victim was Jimmy Lynch, 39, a brother of Willie Lynch.

Previously, the investigation at Dublin Coroner’s Court had shown that all adults in the kitchen of Thomas and Sylvia Connors’ chalet had been drinking on the night of October 9, 2015. The children went to bed at 8 p.m. Jim Connors Junior said he left the mobile home around 2 a.m.

school is out

When will the schools reopen and what is planned for the Leaving Cert?

no way back

Meg & Harry “want to lose the royal patronage” while Palace is “nervous” about Oprah’s chat

Latest

wet and wild

Eireann hit gusts of 100 km / h to hit three counties at risk of flooding

PRIME OF HIS LIFE

Jeff Bezos relaxes on the yacht with his girlfriend after resigning as CEO of Amazon

Knife crime pain

I will never forget to hear ‘I’m sorry your dad is gone, he didn’t make it’

Relatives of the sun

Daniel Kinahan imagined meeting a boxing manager and leading a plush life with friends

He said, “It was 2am when I left and we were all drunk.”

The cause of the fire was identified as a chip pan left on the hot plate of an electric range.

The investigation continues this afternoon.

Comments are closed.