With China we will do every thing – Information on-line
Tanjug / AP
Partners: Aleksandar Vučić and Xi Jinping
President Aleksandar Vučić announced that Chinese President Xi Jinping had confirmed that he would visit Serbia.
Vučić announced that after he participated in the video summit organized by China and 17 countries of Central and Eastern Europe, and he pointed out that it was a big part.
– President Si thanked for the invitation and confirmed his arrival. I sent seven or eight letters to President Xi and talked to him on the phone. I am the only president of Serbia who called him – said Vučić, thanking the Chinese president for his help with the vaccine and during the pandemic.
Vučić pointed out that Serbia has extraordinary cooperation with China, and that the Belt and Road initiative has brought a lot of success to our people and the Chinese people.
– When you look at Zelezara Smederevo, it is enough to see that we do not lose 10 or 12 million euros a month for it, that we are not obliged for the Bor mine one billion and two hundred million, as before, but to collect taxes, workers receive salaries, we have income in PIO. At the same time, Chinese companies are becoming the largest exporters from our country – said Vučić.
The Serbian president pointed out that Serbia’s exports to China have increased 50 times in the last 10 years, from seven to 377 million dollars, and that this shows how much our country has progressed.
– What is of crucial importance today is that we signed a construction contract with the Chinese company CRBC in 65 municipalities in Serbia. It is about the construction of sewage systems, where each municipality must be covered by more than 80 percent. Every place of bigger and medium size, even smaller ones must have that. With wastewater factories plus nine landfills. It is a contract for as much as 3.2 billion euros. It is about a lot of money, but that changes the face of Serbia – stated Vučić.
The Chairman of the Presidency of BiH, Milorad Dodik, said at the conference that only united can we cope with the challenges posed by the corona virus pandemic. He pointed out that last year showed all the vulnerability of civilization, but also the need for greater solidarity among nations.
Example of cooperation
– Therefore, on this occasion, I express full support for the concept of promoting the construction of a society for the common future of humanity, proposed by President Xi Jinping, as well as the proposed concept of multilateralism, which ultimately aims to create lasting peace, universal security and common prosperity – said Dodik.
He then spoke about significant infrastructure projects and especially pointed out the Stanari Thermal Power Plant, which is the first major infrastructure project that Republika Srpska has done with China.
– The Stanari thermal power plant has significantly contributed to the development of our economy and has become a successful example of cooperation with China. This project can also serve as a model of good practice within the 17 plus 1 mechanism – stated Dodik.
Thanks on behalf of KP
President Xi Jinping thanked Milorad Dodik, saying that he was glad that the interests of the two countries were focused on building a common future, since the summit 17 plus one represents the cooperation of equal partners, regardless of the size of the countries.
– I also thank the Serbian member and chairman of the Presidency of BiH for the congratulations on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Communist Party of China. Thank you for pointing out the construction of TPP Stanari. We plan to import more agricultural products from BiH to China – said Jinping.
A friend in trouble knows each other
President Aleksandar Vučić gave an interview to the Chinese media before the conference, which was very noticeable. Chinese Ambassador to Belgrade Chen Bo said that she was a CCTV journalist
Zhang Jing said that about 70 million people have watched that interview so far.
– I am very interested in President Xi’s view on the global future and our cooperation and to see what the Chinese plans are – said Vučić.
He pointed out that the Belt and Road initiative facilitated cooperation between China and CEEC, and that he hoped to strengthen economic ties with Beijing and unite in the fight against the corona virus.
– Friends know each other in trouble. We are very grateful to China for its great support and we do not hide it. We are waiting for the goods, it doesn’t matter if they are respirators or vaccines. Wherever you are in Serbia, you can see new factories, projects and production lines. Without the support of China and President Xi Jinping, that was impossible to achieve. In 2020, the GDP of other countries dropped to 18 percent, while Serbia is only one percent negative. We expect a growth rate of six percent this year, and public debt will make up only 57 percent of GDP. Without the support of China and President Xi Jinping, we cannot bring such good results to our people – Vučić described Sino-Serbian relations.
On the eve of the conference, the President of Serbia received a member of the Politburo of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the director of the Office of the Central Commission for Foreign Affairs, Yang Jiechi. Vučić then asked Điječi for China to consider further investments in Serbia.
The President of Serbia stated that the trade exchange between the two countries in the first eight months of this year, despite the coronary virus pandemic, will exceed the level of the previous year, and also thanked the Chinese President, China and the Communist Party for supporting Serbia’s territorial integrity.
– Serbia will continue to build sincere friendship with China despite the various pressures it has faced – said Vučić, and Điječi also met with Prime Minister Ana Brnabić and pointed out that China attaches great importance to practical cooperation with Serbia and encourages Chinese companies to invest in us.
Albanians also steal lead
Archaeological remains in the hermitage of St. Petar Koriški near Prizren were stolen a few days ago. Four Albanians were arrested, but one escaped during transport to detention, said the abbot of the Visoki Decani monastery, Father Sava Janjic.
According to a police report posted on Twitter by Father Sava, Albanians were arrested on February 4th on suspicion of using metal detectors to find and steal seven lead plates of archaeological value. The stolen items were then sold.
The decision of the prosecutor ordered the suspects to be detained for 48 hours, but not all of them got behind bars, because one of them managed to escape from the police car and has not been found yet.
Janjic said that the facilities of the Serbian Orthodox Church in Kosovo and Metohija need urgent protection.
– The buildings of our Church, which are not in the majority or inhabited Serbian areas, have been exposed to vandalism and theft for years. Hermitage of St. Petra has been a target of thieves before. It is the largest medieval hermitage where, in addition to desecration, frescoes can still be seen – said Father Sava.
Abbot Sava thanked the representative of the international mission who informed him about this vandalism.
– Only international missions receive complete police reports. Kosovo police only send haircut reports to the media. It is no wonder that Kosovo is a hub of organized crime and corruption – said Father Sava.